2018 Korean Art Workshop for Doctoral Students
Attention, date limite de candidature très courte !
A CALL FOR APPLICATION
The Korea Foundation is pleased to invite qualified doctoral students majoring in Korean/East Asian art to participate in the “2018 Korean Art Workshop for Doctoral Students” which will be held from July 15-22, 2018 in Seoul, Korea. The Workshop will bring together doctoral students majoring in Korean art or East Asian art by providing with opportunities to attend lectures on Korean Art and to have field trips related to the Workshop theme.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Tentative)
- Title: 2018 Korean Art Workshop for Doctoral Students
- Date: July 15-22, 2018
- Venue: Seoul and other regions, Republic of Korea
- Host organization: The Korea Foundation
- Attendees: Up to 20 people
- Workshop theme: Korean Art in the 14th to 19th Century (Joseon Period)
- Program: The Workshop will consist of lectures as well as field trips to relevant sites.
* Detailed program schedule will be announced soon.
- Language: Korean/English (Interpretation provided)
- Doctoral students currently undertaking doctoral coursework;
- Research fellows holding a doctoral degree earned within the past three years on a subject related to Korean/East Asian art;
- Assistant curators with MA degree and less than 5 years of experience in Korean/East Asian art.
* Applicants should have non-Korean citizenship. Korean citizens must have permanent residency status in a country outside Korea.
* Depending on the number of qualified applicants, the Korea Foundation reserves the right to grant priority to students who have completed their coursework and have not visited Korea in the past five years.
DETAILS OF KF SUPPORT
- Economy-class round-trip airfare to Korea
- Accommodation (Check-in: July 15 / Check-out 22, 2018)
- Meals and ground transportation during the Workshop
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications should be submitted via the KF Online Application System (http://apply.kf.or.kr)
- Required documents for online applications:
– Completed online application form (See Attachment)
– Curriculum Vitae
– Proof of enrollment in a PhD program
*Assistant curators not enrolled in a PhD program should instead attach Certificate of Employment
– Letter of reference from a doctoral advisor
*When you SUBMIT your application, the KF’s Online Application System will automatically email to REQUEST a letter of reference for you. Please make sure that the recommender should submit the letter of reference by the deadline.
- Application Schedule
– Application submission period: Tuesday, May 8 ~ Friday, May 18, 2018 (KST 18:00)
*Reference letter should be submitted by Friday, May 25 (KTS 18:00)
– Notification of acceptance: May 31, 2018
*Notification date is subject to change without prior notice.